Murphy's martial arts laws
Ten scientific principles that apply to the study of all martial arts
- The wimp who made it through the eliminations on luck alone will suddenly turn into Bruce Lee when you're up against him
- The referee will always be looking the other way when you score
- You will have trouble with the ties on your gi pants when members of the opposite sex are in class
- The day you leave work early to make it to class on time, the sensei will be sick
- The sensei will only use you during demonstrations for joint-locking techniques
- If you have to use your training in self-defense, your attacker's father will be a lawyer
- After a flawless demonstration, you will trip on your way back to your seat
- After years of training without a single injury, you will pull a groin muscle the night before your black belt exam
- In an otherwise vacant locker room, the only other person will have the locker right next to yours
- No matter how many times you take care of it before your promotion exam, you will invariably have to go to the bathroom when it's your turn
The last ten laws were sent by Emily Stewart
- If you are sick and come to class anyway, you will end up coughing like youa re about to die at least once.
- The better you know someone, the more likely you are to get hurt by them/hurt them.
- When you are wearing the most embarrassing outfit ever, your instructor will see you.
- If you have a crush on someone of the opposite gender in your class, you will injure them.
- If you are a girl, and your hair is in a ponytail, you are very likely to have your hair pulled/yanked/in your face anyway.
- If you are having cramps that day, you will be sparring.
The last five laws were sent by Margaret Bennett